Monday 15 July 2013

Modest Wedding Attire

Do you have that problem, when you find the perfect outfit but there's just that one thing wrong with it...
I bought a saree; a dress primarily worn by Asian women-consisting of several yards of light fabric which is draped around the body. The only thing wrong with it was that the blouse that it had come with was short sleeved and had a low back, all together not ideal for my taste. I bought it on a whim and after much deliberation with my mother, whom insisted that I buy it. 
I then thought long and hard about how I could make this outfit hijab-friendly and remembered I had bought a turtle/polo neck jumper from UniQlo (which I adored) the material of the jumper alone has much to impress- 38% Polyester, 35% Acrylic, 18% Rayon, 9% Spandex. 
It's very stretchy and slim fitting and looks great with just about anything. When I suggested the idea to a few people (saree with a jumper ? :/ ) they were a little skeptical. But I can honestly say they have all been converted to the idea :)



(wish I had taken better quality pictures of my fotd)

Paired with some simple make up, some Asian jewellery, heels and a must-have clutch.. I believe the outfit came together rather nicely

I recommend anyone who is looking for modesty with an Asian twist to try this!!! 

Keep it under wraps x

1 comment: