Friday 19 July 2013

A new Bow

If you haven't realised already I have a love of bow ties and all things geeky.... don't believe me check out my previous posts ;)

I admit I do enjoy the odd dress ups where my style is less geeky but I always come back to the bow every now and then. When I do style my outfits with a bow tie I try to make it my statement piece. I don't believe that enough women wear the bow tie and that bow ties are commonly worn by men, but I am personally very inspired by menswear and I am a firm believer that women can pull off 'the geek' just as well. 

We can all put a little bit of ourselves into what we wear and make it our own. 

Accessorising with geek glasses and a neck scarf


I wore a khaki turban in order to match the bow tie and accessorised with a long neck scarf which I believe compliments the outfit. I also wore a cobalt blue blazer and matching shoes because a little colour was necessary to bring the outfit together (and I love a bit of bold/bright colours).



The whole outfit- I love the way bold colours work extremely well with slightly dull/dark colours... try it with your outfits!

Outfit
Plain White Shirt-H&M
Cobalt blue blazer-H&M
Jersey Maxi skirt- Primark
Hijab/scarf/turban-Whitechapel market

Accessories
Geek glasses- eBay (clubmaster glasses)
Bow tie-Primark
Neck scarf- H&M
Earring-peacocks
Shoes-Primark


Keep it Under Wraps x

No comments:

Post a Comment