Tuesday 4 February 2014

The Boyfriend Coat

THE BOYFRIEND



This season its all about the boyfriend coats and I found this baby in TOPSHOP ^
I absolutely fell in love with the colour and fit; not too tight and not loose enough to look like I'm wearing a potato sack... unless of course in your opinion you think it does look like that - to each their own. LOL

I personally love the boyfriend/oversized look, its so perfect for those grunge outfit occasions- you know the ones where you wanna look good but don't wanna try too hard. I love the fact that with this coat you CAN do that!!! you can literally dress head to toe in black and don this coat and it will completely transform your outfit because of the gorgeous colour!! <3

I have seen many boyfriend coats in almost all high street stores, so now would be the time to buy one- contrary to popular belief, boyfriend coats come in all shapes and sizes; some with wider shoulders and a slightly more fitted waist and so on and the material also differs, giving each boyfriend coat a distinctive look- so find the one which is perfect for you. The moment I tried this coat on I knew it was meant for me- imagine how Cinderella felt wearing her glass slippers, yup! that was me on this particular occasion. When you know you know, you know?


I paired my boyfriend coat with a monochrome outfit and berry hijab and boots- keeping colors to a minimum and letting the coat do the talking:




LOVE how the green pops and the berry/wine colour compliments the colour of the coat <3 <3



I wore a jersey maxi skirt so that I didn't look toooo oversized-- one of my rules; if you are wearing loose clothing on top make sure the bottoms are not too loose so u have some shape or other and vice versa :)
The leather black backpack was to this outfit what icing is to a cake, it just made it whole...


I LOVE THESE BOOTSSSSS!!!!


I stacked those rings and put on a casio watch for the ultimate grunge look!

Clothes
Hijab- Whitechapel market
Coat- Topshop
Shirt- H&M
Skirt- New Look
Boots- eBay (can't remember the seller but these boots are strikingly similar to 'cherry red 1460 Doc Martens
Bag- eBay (search black backpack)

Accessories
Assorted rings- primark, camden, H&M
Watch- eBay
Necklace- Primark

No comments:

Post a Comment